happy monday, dear readers. i hope you all had a fantastic weekend! mine was actually pretty great, as weekends go, so i thought i’d try something new: sharing a bit about how i actually spend my time. you’ll have to let me know if it bores you to tears. the hubs took friday off as a surprise, so there was plenty of much-needed lounging and loafing. plus:
– major heat wave this weekend, which you’ll have heard me whining about if you follow me on twitter. i am not a fan. the only advantage is that heat = barbecue season! so, good eats all weekend, courtesy of my hubs (aka, the grillmaster). including, notably, an excellent version of bobby flay’s pork tenderloin. yum!
– ordered a bevy of flip flops, now that i’m convinced summer may actually appear. more on that later.
– saw the new star trek, and talked through the entire thing (apologies if you’re the person who was sitting in front of me). afterward, went for late-night cherry pie…yum!
– hubs treated me to a tour around my favorite jewelry store of all time, where i found a new bauble to covet. shocking, i know – but wasabi designer jill pearson just never fails to give me the happy feelings. cannot find it anywhere online, but imagine a longer version of this, sans the ruby beads. so summery!
– a last-minute trek out to suburbia to catch up on my fashion mag reading. i’ve decided i don’t need to clog my mailbox with each and every one any more…so i just snuggle up to a mint tea at the bookstore and take copious notes. discovered a new magazine, perfect for you crafty design types.
– decided i need more loose, flowy dresses, and a light, oversized clutch if i’m going to avoid going completely insane this summer. shopping shall ensue, have no doubt.
what about you? how was your weekend?