I hate to say it, friends, but I have a busy weekend ahead. Why? Because SMC’s annual Gift Guide Extravaganza starts Monday! (I know, I know, it’s early – blame Hanukkah.) This year, we’re doing things a bit differently – I’ve asked some of the most stylish, creative, and clever people I know to share their holiday wishlists! So in addition to my picks, you’ll get the picks of the people whose flawless taste and inimitable style I’m always coveting. You’re going to love it!
What else is going on this weekend? I’m so glad you asked.
To get us all in the spirit, I have a little gift list bonus for you: my friends at Rue La La asked me to guest-curate a wishlist from their holiday picks, and of course, I can never resist an excuse to faux-shop. Check out my favorites right here. (Naturally, there are fur earmuffs and plenty of cashmere. What else would you expect?)
Other things I’m doing this weekend:
- Telling myself over and over that I don’t need another oversized cardigan, no matter how amazing this one from Of A Kind is.
- Being baffled by the fact that I seem to have come down with some sort of sneaker obsession. Who am I? I blame these Liberty print Vans, which are kind of awesome.
- Continuing to refine the art of how to wear short boots with jeans, which so many of you are telling me you find challenging. I think I’ve finally found a pretty foolproof method.
- Wishing I were in town to celebrate with my friends at Grayling Jewelry, who are opening an absolutely gorgeous new studio today! If you’re in Portland, you should not miss the party. Tell them I sent you!
- Seriously considering skipping the holiday gift wrap madness and just buying one colossal roll of brown kraft paper. That and a giant spool of baker’s twine, and I’m done. (Plus, it would seriously feed my OCD tendencies if everything under the tree matched.)
That’s the news from Lake Wobegone. I hope you have a wonderful, work-free weekend ahead! I’ll see you back here bright and early Monday morning with the first of our holiday gift guides. Can’t wait!!