The gift guides are here, the gift guides are here! Before we dive in, let me just say how excited I am to welcome Erin back to the SMC family for a little holiday cameo. She’s done an amazing job of helping me pull these gorgeous guides together, and I’m profoundly grateful…and impressed. Truly, they might be our best yet. Happy hunting!
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
She’s always effortlessly, perfectly polished, Fashion Week is her Superbowl Sunday, and if she hasn’t already been to Paris, you can bet that a pilgrimage to the City of Love is high on her bucket list. Here are our favorite gift ideas for the chic Francophile (or really, any stylish girl you know) – all guaranteed to have her exclaiming, “C’est magnifique!“
1. A great lipstick is a must for any makeup bag, and this blue-red shade will flatter almost every skin tone. Bite Beauty lippies aren’t just highly pigmented and long-lasting, they’re also all natural and made of food-grade ingredients, making them literally pretty enough to eat (sorry, couldn’t resist!).
2. How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are is a perfect gift for all those women hoping to capture a little of that Parisian je ne sais quoi, no matter where they live. Written by a quartet of the most sophisticated Parisians around, it’s packed with tips on style, culture, attitude and men.
3. As much as I love a flashy clutch, the workhorses of my wardrobe are definitely my (bottomless) totes. Every woman needs a classic leather tote in a neutral hue that can take her seamlessly from work to play. The Petra tote will be her go-to for years and she’ll feel completely spoiled by all the special luxury details (Italian leather, suede interior, adjustable strap, chrome hardware…) that Everlane excels at.
4. Am I the only girl who always has at least four moisturizers in her bag at all times? If you know someone else with a purse full of products, the cult-favorite Goe oil is a perfect gift. An all-natural miracle balm, it has a light scent and melts into a liquid when you warm it in your hands. It can be used for soothing dry skin, softening cuticles, taming fly-aways, removing makeup – no wonder it’s in every French girl’s toilette.
5. When you think of France, there are a few things that come to mind: the Eiffel Tower, macarons, and striped shirts. When it comes to the perfect mariniere, Petit Bateau makes the best version around. Even if she has a closet filled with imitations, there’s no substitute for the original.
6. Scroll through any stylish girl’s Instagram feed and you’ll find at least one Diptyque candle (likely accessorized with a fashion-y coffee table book and flawless bouquet of peonies). And with good reason – they have the most sophisticated scents imaginable (Baies is a personal favorite), and the jars are so beautiful, they’ll be improving your Instagram feed long after the candle is gone.
7. “I think I have too many scarves,” said no one ever, making a beautiful scarf a fail-safe present for the holidays. This luxe Chan Luu cashmere-silk scarf is an incredibly flattering shade of blush that will look great with a winter coat now and bare shoulders later.
8. This illustrated print from the ultimate Française, Garance Doré, would be a perfect addition to any gallery wall – as would just about anything in her lovely little shop.
9. An adorable stocking stuffer, these macaron trinket boxes are perfect for holding odds and ends or dressing up a vanity, and are sure to stick around for much longer than the edible version! (Bonus points if you tuck a bit of bling into one of them as an extra surprise.)
10. Beautiful leather gloves up the sophisticate factor of any ensemble, and these black quilted versions are a chic twist on a classic.
11. This romantic-yet-practical Eberjey robe is a perfect update on the classic gift of Christmas PJs, and will keep her feeling glamorous as she makes her morning coffee.
12. Every French girl knows that email is no substitute for the elegance of a handwritten note. Give her an excuse not to hit “send” with a set of beautiful monogrammed stationary.
13. Parisians love their modern, minimal jewelry. These double pearl studs are twice as nice as your grandmother’s version, at a price that makes them perfect for every girlfriend on your list. One and done!
gorgeous list! i want everything 🙂
Jillian: You and me both, lady.