I’ve been thinking pink in a big way this season…it’s always a favorite color of mine, and though pink for spring is a little predictable, all that talk about winter pastels put me over the edge. But not just any pink will do – no cotton candy or fuchsia here. I’m after a more subtle shade – a pale, whisper of a pink that you’d find on the inside of a seashell, the one that’s like a nude but infinitely warmer and universally flattering. A little something like this:
Well, friends, I definitely didn’t save the best for last (I mean, did you see all of those amazing gift ideas my guest experts had?!). But I’ve put together a holiday wish list of my own, filled with everything from stocking stuffers/last-minute Hanukkah gifts to those little luxuries I can never bring myself to splurge on any other time of year. There’s something for everyone here – your mom, your bestie, your uncle who drinks too much – and a few treats I think you definitely deserve to have under the tree for yourself this year.
If she’s guaranteed an upgrade every time she sets foot on a plane, knows the best hotels in every major city, and racks up more frequent flyer miles than most pilots, here are a few treats she’s sure to stash in her carry-on.
- One thing every traveler has in common is dry skin and hair. Fix it in one fell swoop with this genius travel set packed with argan oil-infused essentials. Moroccan Getaway travel set, Josie Maran, $39
- This trim tote packs flat, holds a ton, and the baby soft leather is stylish enough for any adventure. Baggu leather tote, $150
- Every good traveler needs a page-turner novel to get them through those Atlanta layovers. Sarah’s Key, by Tatiana de Rosnay, $15
- This clever gadget is a surge protector, USB charger port and phone cradle all in one – pretty impressive for under $20. Portable charging station, RCA, $19
- Heats up in an instant, seriously delivers on style, and comes with a trim, ultra-glam case to keep your clothes safe when you have to throw this in your bag while it’s still warm. GHD Scarlet styler, $225
- Borrow from the boys and get her a dopp kit that will actually hold all her beauty essentials in one bag. Hammocks & High Tea dopp kit, $50
- So big you could stow a greyhound inside (I’ll never admit to how I know this), but so light, it makes carry-on a breeze. And I love the mod plaid print. LeSportSac large weekender, $108
- The stuff deskside daydreams are made of. 2012 Paris calendar, Little Brown Pen, $22
- Oh, the places you’ll go – these are tiny enough to stow away in the smallest suitcase, and comfy enough to save your travel-weary feet. Tieks foldable ballet flats, $175
- Stylish and feminine, but not girly. Portola Valley passport holder, Kate Spade, $65