I can hardly believe that it’s nearly July 4…June has flown by in a sea of grey clouds and scattered showers here in Portland. But July means sun, so I’m optimistic! So much so that I’ve put together a few of my favorite swim looks for the summer…you know, just in case there’s some poolside lounging in your immediate future. Even if there’s not, this is the perfect time to nab a suit for a later date. Most swimwear sites are offering major discounts this week, including The Orchid Boutique, a personal favorite of mine.
Fair warning: I’m a fan of the one-piece suit, so you won’t see any bikinis in the mix. I like to leave a little to the imagination. And PS…why are most swimsuit modeling shots so ridiculous? That girl in the last shot is leaning on a table, holding a big pile of tulle. Which is, you know, the first thing I do when I put on a swimsuit. Anyway…on to the show!
- A serious bargain find, and that longer, loose tankini top makes these stripes ultra-flattering. Plus, I do love a little ruffle trim. Lands’ End Canvas Summerland ruffle tankini: $39 top, $19 bottom (on sale)
- For those of you looking for a little more support from your swimwear, I have to take a moment to gush about Panache (check them out at Figleaves or Bare Necessities). They make gorgeous, on-trend suits exclusively for the D+ set. I adore the slanted stripes on this “Lucille” style, which make it incredibly slimming, and that sweet button trim is icing on the cake! Panache “Lucille” striped tankini: $59 tankini top (or $92 for bikini top), $32 bottom (take 10% off with code MISSING)
- Anything ikat makes me happy, but this particular version is slimming, and eliminates those tan lines on your shoulders. OndadeMar “Silk Butterfly” one-piece strapless w/detachable halter: $188 (take 25% off with code 4JULYSALE)
- This simple black suit is so classic, and so perfectly cut, you’ll feel chic and thin even on your worst “I feel fat” day. Badgley Mischka “Draped” one-piece, $108 (take 20% off with code NEW20)
- I can’t help it – this just screams summer to me. I love the wild blend of prints, and the simple, classic cut. Maaji Swimwear “Abstract Blow-Up” one-piece: $155 (take 25% off with code 4JULYSALE)
*All codes should be good through July 4 at least.
Have a poolside cocktail for me!