Happy Friday, friends! I know, I’ve been a slowpoke around here this week. I was partially recovering from gift guides, and partially cooking up a storm for our Hanukkah feast. Now, my keyboard has stopped smoking, my tree is decorated, and my house smells like day-old latkes. It’s officially the holidays! Here’s what I have up my sleeve this weekend:
- Making sure Santa has a link to the wish list I gave my friends over at Barefoot Tess. I know I’m supposed to be thinking of others, but I want that Comme des Garçons sweater something fierce! Also, that bunny charm that their editor found is pretty darn delightful, and has introduced me to yet another jewelry obsession. Sigh.
- Spending as much time as possible in my new silk PJs from Figleaves. More later, but let me just say…my world has been changed.
- Seeing if I can get my act together to make a few holiday presents. Yep, DIY-style. We’re toying with the idea of making our own bitters, but may cop out and go with something simpler, like a ginger liqueur – which, I can tell you from experience, is easy as pie and positively delightful in champagne.
- Wishing I were going to the Lissie show this weekend – her new CD has been on repeat at my house ever since I downloaded it last month.
- Cracking up every time I look over and see my dog wearing pajamas. Sure, they keep her warm, but let’s be honest – it’s mostly for my entertainment.
- Trying so very hard to take a breath and actually enjoy these holiday moments while they’re here. If you need a little help, I can’t recommend these guys highly enough. (And I’m not just saying that because I went to high school with one of them.)
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Oh, and keep sending me your ideas and requests for what else we should be talking about over the next few weeks, won’t you? I’m loving all of your suggestions so far!