Clockwise from top left: Hanky Panky | Kate Somerville | Nike | Vince | Nadri | Paul Green | Rebecca Minkoff
Just a friendly reminder that the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale ends in three days! Before prices go back up on Sunday, I thought I’d share a list of the four things I made a point of stockpiling while they’re marked down (plus a bonus tip):
- Beauty. Since most products – especially the high-end stuff - never gets discounted, if something you love made it into the Sale this year, you should most definitely stock up. I’m a big fan of the offerings from Bobbi Brown and Kiehls, and that Kate Somerville set is kind of amazing.
- Refresh your lingerie drawer. A few new bras and a fresh crop of Hanky Panky thongs (sorry friends, they don’t live forever) are always a good idea. If you need suggestions, this bra from Chantelle was a pleasant surprise this year – it’s cut like those dainty bralets I always wish I could wear, but with actual support.
- Update stale workout wear. I’m willing to bet you have some workout gear that’s ready for retirement, and any time I can score reliable yoga pants or leggings for under $40, it’s on. (It doesn’t hurt that those Zella leggings are matte, so they’ll work perfectly with tunics and boots in the fall.) And Nikes for $60 are a steal any way you slice it.
- Replenish fall sweaters. Every fall, I end up tossing a stack of old sweaters from last year – they pill, stretch out, or are the victim of ninja moth attacks. Grab a few alternates now, and you won’t be as heartbroken when you inevitably lose a couple of old favorites. This featherweight grey cashmere option is irresistible in person, and I’m counting down the days until it’s cool enough to break out my new Vince ombré tunic.
- Bonus: go for a splurge (or two). If you’ve been on the fence about something lustworthy (like, perhaps, that gorgeous Veda leather jacket), come on over to the dark side – we have cookies! Seriously, I’m a believer in an ounce of prevention in cases like these. Buy those gorgeous boots from Rag & Bone or Paul Green now, and you’ll save yourself from amassing a pile of cheaper versions later this fall that you won’t love as much anyway.
What last-minute Anniversary Sale picks are you nabbing, friends? Anything I’ve missed that I should be adding to my list?