Well, friends…this has been one of those weeks. I’m sorry to have been gone, but as penance, I hope you’ll accept this gorgeous 3.1 Phillip Lim Ryder bag, one of the many goodies marked 40% off today at Barneys. If you’ve been ogling it in my Instagram pics, now you can have your very own.
Honestly, this bag is the single best purchase I’ve made this year – I use it to the exclusion of just about every other bag I own. Though mine doesn’t have this badass embossing detail, it also wasn’t 40% off. And truthfully, I might love this one just a smidge more than the plain versions. After all, black bags need a little extra oomph, don’t you agree?
Even though I’m trying very hard to embrace that whole “not shopping just because there’s a sale” philosophy, I’d be remiss if I didn’t at least mention a few pretty sweet sample sales happening right now. Read on
Friends, I know. It’s temptation central around here this week. But Shopbop Friends & Family and Saks Friends & Family? You’d never have forgiven me if I didn’t tell you about it. Both are offering 25% off SITEWIDE (with the usual exclusions), and my guess is you either (a) hadn’t heard but really needed to know, or (b) had heard, and have frantically been clicking back and forth between the two sites, figuring out what to buy and where to buy it. Or is that just me?
What to do? Buy the piece that won’t go on sale in 3 weeks. That Vince cardigan you’ve been eyeing. The Rachel Comey boots you’ve wanted since last fall. Denim. You get the idea. Oh, and buy things that are already on sale…an extra 25% off is always a good incentive. Need a few suggestions? Read on
A few lovely little markdowns have crossed my path this morning, friends…thought you’d want a heads-up.
- It’s Friends & Family time at Kiehls – which means it’s time to stock up on sunscreen (and their amazing new BB cream, which I’ll be telling you about next week). Take 20% off sitewide with code FAMILY through 6.17.
- Piperlime just launched its designer sale, and while I still can’t ever seem to remember they carry clothes, they have a great selection of Vince, Jenni Kayne, Rag & Bone and the like marked down 40%. Well worth a scan.
- Alexis Bittar released a bevy of summer markdowns, so there’s an excellent selection of bling marked 30% off. I’m particularly loving this rose gold collar necklace…very tempting.
- More Friends & Family goodness going on at John Robshaw – take 25% off sitewide through 6.14 with code JRFRIEND. If you’ve been eyeing one of his light-as-air blankets (truly, there’s nothing like it in summer), now’s the time.
- The James Perse private sale is going strong…loads of great summery layering pieces, maxidresses and the like, marked down to prices you’ll actually consider paying.
Any killer deals on your radar today? Share with the class!
All of those Memorial Day deals in your inbox felt crazy, I know. Too good to resist. But if you did, if you were patient, your virtue is about to be rewarded. Shopbop, Barneys, Saks and Net-A-Porter all launched their summer sales today, and there are goodies aplenty. Read on
In the event I’m ever invited to a glamorous, black-tie affair – one at which I can wear the most delicious, glowy, gossamer confection of a gown I can find – there’s only one man I’ll trust: Oscar de la Renta. Watch any of his shows, and you’ll catch the magic. Or better yet, take a look at the faces of any of his celebs on the red carpet. They’re positively glowing, triumphant in the knowledge that if nothing else, they’ve nailed the gown.
Alas, most of Oscar’s gowns are hilariously, impossibly beyond both my budget and my lifestyle. But lo! As is much too often the case, The Outnet has come to my rescue, concocting an exclusive collaboration with the man himself. It’s a bit more youthful, and a lot more cost-approachable than his standard ultra-luxe fare. The result is a mini-collection of pieces so wearable, so beautiful, and so perfectly Oscar, it’s hard to imagine they top out at $995. Still a splurge, I’ll grant you. But it’s one that’s actually possible (mortgage one of the kids, sell a bit of plasma, and you’re there). Read on
Don’t quit now…a handful of those lovely Cyber Monday codes are still good! Check out our updated list for your last shot at the best steals.
Ordinarily, I loathe this whole post-Thanksgiving shopping frenzy. But this year, I have so many deals just sitting in my inbox, it seems a shame (and downright rude, really) not to share them with you. So as they roll in, I’m posting them here. You’ll see the newest deals at the top, and I’ll rotate out the old ones as they expire (as best I can). Also, I’m only running codes for sitewide deals…no “limited edition” gift sets here. Enjoy…and if you spy a great deal, please share it in the comments!